The Environmental Social Organization Network Naturefriends Greece/ NFGR operates as nonprofit Panhellenic corporation. NFGR is inspired by Naturefriends International environmental and social principles. Its members struggle for a society in which no priviledges or discriminations related to political beliefs, religion, sex, skin colour, origin, social class etc. will exist, as, only in such a fair society can sustainability, solidarity and climate justice be fully implemented.
NFGR is regular member of International NFI (est. 1895), since 2008.
We cooperate with Universities, Political, Environmental, Social and other Institutes, Research and Scientific Agencies, groups, and public benefit purpose organisations and nonprofit entities, in order to inform, educate, and implement common projects on sustainable development and the protection of manmade environment (charter, art.4.11)
(NFGR charter excerpt in Greek)
President : Kostas Foteinakis
Secretary: Tonia Foti
Treasurer: Loukas Papageorgiou
Members: Tasos Pappas, Maria Mpourdaki, Konstantinos Koutsonikolas, TasosLytras
NFGR are members of:
- Naturefriends International since 2008. Naturefriends was established in 1895 in Vienna.
- European network Seattle to Brussels/S/B, SEATTLE TO BRUSSELS/ S2B Greek representatives, since 2018.
European and International Organisations and social Networks like:
UNITED for Intercultural Action – European Network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
NFGR were national coordinators in people4soil campaigns, STOP TTIP CETA TiSA Greece and participated in European initiatives, Basque Declaration, STOP Glyphosate et al.
(More on cooperations in and outside Greece)
72 Antheon st., 12461, Greece
Mails: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org| Tel.: (0030)215 5257408 – 690 7720897
TAX REGISTER 99755718, Aigaleo Tax Office
Corporation Bank Account: Eurobank Bank IBAN:GR93 0260 0660 0008 0020 0670 303
ATHENS COURT REGISTRY: 30425/2014
DIAVGEIA: Nature Friends Greek Network
EU TRANSPARENCY REGISTER: 374596826959-36
EU Erasmus Programmes ID : E10103486, PIC: 920569092
ICSO: NFGR are registered in UNO ICSO catalogue
More Info in English –Active Citizens Fund
Adoption of International NGO Accountability Charter (11.04.2008) – International Non Governmental Organizations Accountability Charter (2006)
Registration Number, Ministry of Cultural Agents and Sports : 3358
Corporations Registry-Department of Culture, Attica Prefecture (File Number 20014)
PROJECTS – WORKS – ACTIVITIES
Our motto: “We plan with vision and implement responsibly and transparently, being accountable to the public”.
We are open to cooperations and activities in and out of Greece, for the protection and promotion of cultural heritages, ecosystems, sustainable or alternative tourism, respecting and supporting local traditions and economy, products and services.
The NFGR develops actions in all levels of social life, intervenes and participates in citizens’ networks, responds to invitations, deploys International or European days for the promotion of its views. In parallel, it organizes visits and guided trips to the countryside, parks, historical and archaeological sites, museums et al. In addition, the organization carries out campaigns, implements projects, intervenes in debates and/or bills, organizes and participates in day workshops.
NFGR aim at “…contributing to organizing a society in a way that ensures protection of the environment and nature, sustainability and social justice”
NFGR stand for active involvement, policy and advocacy, networking and cooperation, in Europe and internationally, free from political and financial dependence, in preparation of a sustainable future, respecting cultural values, human and civil rights.
More in “About us”
NFGR are actively involved in:
- Protection of manmade and natural environment
- Culture, History and traditions
- Environmental Education, training, lifelong learning
- Sustainability and Just Tourism
- Outdoor leisure activities –I Discover and Protect Nature activities
- Fair Trade, consumers and producers rights
- Democracy, Transparency, control policy and advocacy
- Human, democratic, civil social rights,
- Involvement, solidarity and networking – on national, European and international level- for environmental and social justice
- Saving and promoting Renewable Energy Resources
- Reduction of waste and ecological, decentralized, socially just waste management
- Peace, reduced armaments, abolition of nuclear weapons
- Reconnection with nature
- Urban nature and Green cities
- Climate Change – Climate Crisis – Climate Justice
- Road sefety – The pedestrians and cyclists writes – Mobility and Transport
NEWS – ANNOUNCEMENTS
In our Greek blog we publish views, NFGR proposals, and republications.
Also, we upload other issues, of broader National or international interest, in English or other languages.
72, Antheon, Chaidari – Athens
ΤΚ 124 61 – Greece
Tel. +30 215-5257408